Kurtis Blow Speaks at Nyack Rockland March 6
The first rapper signed to a major label (Mercury Records), first certified gold rap recording for “The Breaks,” and first rap millionaire are just a few of the highlights of his groundbreaking career. He released ten albums in 11 years and toured with many chart-topping recording artists and also appeared in the films, “Cry of the City” and “Krush Groove.” On the West Coast he gained popularity as on-air radio personality.
Kurtis Blow, also studied ministry at Nyack College and has most recently gained notoriety for being co-founder of the Hip Hop Church, which holds services at the Greater Hood Memorial AME Zion Church, located at 160 West 146th Street in New York City. Kurtis serves as rapper, DJ and worship leader and now licensed minister.
Don't miss this Nyack Rockland showcase!
- TODAY: "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- LAST DAY to Shop for Nyack Warrior Gear Online
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- Browse Blog Archive>>