Kurtis Blow Speaks at Nyack Rockland March 6
The first rapper signed to a major label (Mercury Records), first certified gold rap recording for “The Breaks,” and first rap millionaire are just a few of the highlights of his groundbreaking career. He released ten albums in 11 years and toured with many chart-topping recording artists and also appeared in the films, “Cry of the City” and “Krush Groove.” On the West Coast he gained popularity as on-air radio personality.
Kurtis Blow, also studied ministry at Nyack College and has most recently gained notoriety for being co-founder of the Hip Hop Church, which holds services at the Greater Hood Memorial AME Zion Church, located at 160 West 146th Street in New York City. Kurtis serves as rapper, DJ and worship leader and now licensed minister.
Don't miss this Nyack Rockland showcase!
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>