March 6 is CAMP-of-the-WOODS Day at Nyack
CAMP-of-the-WOODS is a 115-acre Christian family resort and conference center located in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. Friday, March 6 at Nyack College has been dubbed “CAMP-of-the-WOODS Day.”
Special guest speaker at the 10:10 a.m. chapel in Bowman Gymnasium on the Rockland campus will be Norm Sonju, who served as CEO of CAMP-of-the-WOODS from 1997 until 2005 and continues to serve as Chairman of the Board.
Mr. Sonju is also founder of the National Basketball Association’s Dallas Mavericks, a team founded in 1980, which has won two division titles and one conference championship. Forbes Magazine ranks the “Mavs” as the seventh most valuable basketball franchise in our nation.
Staff recruiters for the CAMP-of-the-WOODS summer program will be on hand in Boon Campus Center throughout the afternoon and dinner. Students selected to work at the camp during summer 2009 can take $1,000 off their Nyack tuition in addition to existing financial aid.
For more information on the camp, visit www.camp-of-the-woods.org.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>