March 6 is CAMP-of-the-WOODS Day at Nyack
CAMP-of-the-WOODS is a 115-acre Christian family resort and conference center located in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York. Friday, March 6 at Nyack College has been dubbed “CAMP-of-the-WOODS Day.”
Special guest speaker at the 10:10 a.m. chapel in Bowman Gymnasium on the Rockland campus will be Norm Sonju, who served as CEO of CAMP-of-the-WOODS from 1997 until 2005 and continues to serve as Chairman of the Board.
Mr. Sonju is also founder of the National Basketball Association’s Dallas Mavericks, a team founded in 1980, which has won two division titles and one conference championship. Forbes Magazine ranks the “Mavs” as the seventh most valuable basketball franchise in our nation.
Staff recruiters for the CAMP-of-the-WOODS summer program will be on hand in Boon Campus Center throughout the afternoon and dinner. Students selected to work at the camp during summer 2009 can take $1,000 off their Nyack tuition in addition to existing financial aid.
For more information on the camp, visit www.camp-of-the-woods.org.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Browse Blog Archive>>