Relay for Life Fundraiser February 27 at 6:00 p.m.
Three years after her passing, the life of Nyack College alumna Jennifer Leghorn, is still being celebrated.
Jennifer will be honored during a Luminaria Ceremony, which kicks off the American Cancer Society Relay for Life® event in the Hennessy Center of Dominican College in Orangeburg, NY on Friday, February 27. “Each year, the Executive Committee dedicates the Relay in memory and in honor of a student, faculty member or administrator who has passed away due to cancer,” says Ryan O’Gorman, Assistant Director of Residence Life at Dominican College and co-chair of the event.
This year Nyack College will join forces with three other Rockland County colleges—Dominican, St. Thomas Aquinas, and SUNY Rockland Community in this effort to raise funds for cancer research.
Nyack students, faculty, staff and administrators are encouraged to be involved. Executive Vice President and Treasurer, David Jennings commented recently that the event “is probably one of the best opportunities that we, as an entire community, will have this year to share how our faith equips us to walk through difficulties like cancer.” Dr. Jennings, who is also a team captain said, “It will be especially significant this year since the event is in memory of one of our own students, Jennifer Leghorn, who exemplified Christ throughout her entire fight against cancer.”
Donations can be made online to the credit of one of several Nyack fundraising teams. For more information, visit the website at www.relayforlife.org/rocklandcountycollegesor contact Nyack’s student government at email@example.com.
To read more about Jennifer Leghorn, go to http://www.nyack.edu/path.php?article=79 and read the Path article written by Robin Luce (Student Development Staff) and Rebecca Rexrode (NC ‘06).
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>