Relay for Life Fundraiser February 27 at 6:00 p.m.
Three years after her passing, the life of Nyack College alumna Jennifer Leghorn, is still being celebrated.
Jennifer will be honored during a Luminaria Ceremony, which kicks off the American Cancer Society Relay for Life® event in the Hennessy Center of Dominican College in Orangeburg, NY on Friday, February 27. “Each year, the Executive Committee dedicates the Relay in memory and in honor of a student, faculty member or administrator who has passed away due to cancer,” says Ryan O’Gorman, Assistant Director of Residence Life at Dominican College and co-chair of the event.
This year Nyack College will join forces with three other Rockland County colleges—Dominican, St. Thomas Aquinas, and SUNY Rockland Community in this effort to raise funds for cancer research.
Nyack students, faculty, staff and administrators are encouraged to be involved. Executive Vice President and Treasurer, David Jennings commented recently that the event “is probably one of the best opportunities that we, as an entire community, will have this year to share how our faith equips us to walk through difficulties like cancer.” Dr. Jennings, who is also a team captain said, “It will be especially significant this year since the event is in memory of one of our own students, Jennifer Leghorn, who exemplified Christ throughout her entire fight against cancer.”
Donations can be made online to the credit of one of several Nyack fundraising teams. For more information, visit the website at www.relayforlife.org/rocklandcountycollegesor contact Nyack’s student government at [email protected]
To read more about Jennifer Leghorn, go to http://www.nyack.edu/path.php?article=79 and read the Path article written by Robin Luce (Student Development Staff) and Rebecca Rexrode (NC ‘06).
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>