Relay for Life Fundraiser February 27 at 6:00 p.m.
Three years after her passing, the life of Nyack College alumna Jennifer Leghorn, is still being celebrated.
Jennifer will be honored during a Luminaria Ceremony, which kicks off the American Cancer Society Relay for Life® event in the Hennessy Center of Dominican College in Orangeburg, NY on Friday, February 27. “Each year, the Executive Committee dedicates the Relay in memory and in honor of a student, faculty member or administrator who has passed away due to cancer,” says Ryan O’Gorman, Assistant Director of Residence Life at Dominican College and co-chair of the event.
This year Nyack College will join forces with three other Rockland County colleges—Dominican, St. Thomas Aquinas, and SUNY Rockland Community in this effort to raise funds for cancer research.
Nyack students, faculty, staff and administrators are encouraged to be involved. Executive Vice President and Treasurer, David Jennings commented recently that the event “is probably one of the best opportunities that we, as an entire community, will have this year to share how our faith equips us to walk through difficulties like cancer.” Dr. Jennings, who is also a team captain said, “It will be especially significant this year since the event is in memory of one of our own students, Jennifer Leghorn, who exemplified Christ throughout her entire fight against cancer.”
Donations can be made online to the credit of one of several Nyack fundraising teams. For more information, visit the website at www.relayforlife.org/rocklandcountycollegesor contact Nyack’s student government at email@example.com.
To read more about Jennifer Leghorn, go to http://www.nyack.edu/path.php?article=79 and read the Path article written by Robin Luce (Student Development Staff) and Rebecca Rexrode (NC ‘06).
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
- Lynette Rhett, Nyack NYC Student Releases CD--Come Jesus Come
- Browse Blog Archive>>