Piano and Violin Concert Features Nyack Alumna
Nyack alumna, pianist Eunice Kim will be joined by award-winning international concert violinist, Jin Woo Lee, in concert at, 51 Sickletown Road in Pearl River, NY on Saturday, January 31 at 3:30 p.m.
Mr. Lee has performed in the United States, Korea, Germany, Switzerland, Slovenia, France, Italy, Netherlands, and Austria. ). The native of Seoul Korea began playing the violin at the age of four. He graduated from the Humboldt Grammar School in Cologne, Germany in 2001, received his Bachelor’s and master’s degree in Violin Performance from the Juilliard School, and is currently on a full scholarship studying in the Artist Diploma program at the Manhattan School of Music.
Nyack’s own Eunice Kim is an active soloist and sought after collaborative artist, performing numerous concerts each season in New York. She has collaborated with renowned artists such as New York Philharmonic concertmaster violinist, Glenn Dicterow and Grammy Award-winning violinist Mark O'Connor, and violist, Peter Kenote.
Miss Kim began playing the piano at the age of four. At age six, she won the Korean Young Musicians' Contest, and at age seven, the Korean Nationwide Piano Competition. Her teacher in Boston was Jung Ja Kim, Miss Kim continued her early studies at the Juilliard Preparatory Division with Olegna Fuschi and Earnest Barretta. Miss Kim subsequently won a scholarship at Nyack College, where she earned a Bachelor's degree in Piano Performance within three years, while studying piano with Tammy Lum. Now on the staff of The Juilliard School, she is a collaborative pianist and continues studies with Matti Raekallio and Ann Schein.
The January 31 program will include performances of Schubert's Sonatine in D and Fantasy, Beschorber 2-1 (premiere), Liebermann's Sonata, and Lutoslawski's Partita.
- Tickets On Sale for United Praise Gospel Concert August 11 at Barclays Center
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Browse Blog Archive>>