Piano and Violin Concert Features Nyack Alumna
Nyack alumna, pianist Eunice Kim will be joined by award-winning international concert violinist, Jin Woo Lee, in concert at, 51 Sickletown Road in Pearl River, NY on Saturday, January 31 at 3:30 p.m.
Mr. Lee has performed in the United States, Korea, Germany, Switzerland, Slovenia, France, Italy, Netherlands, and Austria. ). The native of Seoul Korea began playing the violin at the age of four. He graduated from the Humboldt Grammar School in Cologne, Germany in 2001, received his Bachelor’s and master’s degree in Violin Performance from the Juilliard School, and is currently on a full scholarship studying in the Artist Diploma program at the Manhattan School of Music.
Nyack’s own Eunice Kim is an active soloist and sought after collaborative artist, performing numerous concerts each season in New York. She has collaborated with renowned artists such as New York Philharmonic concertmaster violinist, Glenn Dicterow and Grammy Award-winning violinist Mark O'Connor, and violist, Peter Kenote.
Miss Kim began playing the piano at the age of four. At age six, she won the Korean Young Musicians' Contest, and at age seven, the Korean Nationwide Piano Competition. Her teacher in Boston was Jung Ja Kim, Miss Kim continued her early studies at the Juilliard Preparatory Division with Olegna Fuschi and Earnest Barretta. Miss Kim subsequently won a scholarship at Nyack College, where she earned a Bachelor's degree in Piano Performance within three years, while studying piano with Tammy Lum. Now on the staff of The Juilliard School, she is a collaborative pianist and continues studies with Matti Raekallio and Ann Schein.
The January 31 program will include performances of Schubert's Sonatine in D and Fantasy, Beschorber 2-1 (premiere), Liebermann's Sonata, and Lutoslawski's Partita.
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>