The Passing of Former Nyack Prof. Joan Ostling
Former Nyack College journalism and English professor, Joan Ostling, died peacefully at her Ridgewood, NJ home on Sunday, January 11, after a long struggle with breast cancer. With her husband, Richard, a senior correspondent for Time Magazine, she co-authored Mormon America: The Power and The Promise, published by HarperCollins. Mrs. Ostling was also co-author of a comprehensive bibliography of books by and about C. S. Lewis. Joan Ostling was a writer and editor for the U.S. Information Agency in Washington, D.C.
Visiting hours are scheduled for 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. on Thursday, January 15, at the Vander Plaat Funeral Home, 257 Godwin Avenue, Wyckoff, NJ. Those unable to visit can post condolence messages on the funeral home’s web site, www.vpfh.com.
The funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m., Friday, January 16, at the Ridgewood Christian Reformed Church, 271 Lincoln Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be sent to the Ridgewood Christian Reformed Church, designated for its handicap access fund.
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- The Nations Come to Us: Fukuyama Alliance Church Visits Nyack
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Browse Blog Archive>>