The Passing of Former Nyack Prof. Joan Ostling
Former Nyack College journalism and English professor, Joan Ostling, died peacefully at her Ridgewood, NJ home on Sunday, January 11, after a long struggle with breast cancer. With her husband, Richard, a senior correspondent for Time Magazine, she co-authored Mormon America: The Power and The Promise, published by HarperCollins. Mrs. Ostling was also co-author of a comprehensive bibliography of books by and about C. S. Lewis. Joan Ostling was a writer and editor for the U.S. Information Agency in Washington, D.C.
Visiting hours are scheduled for 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. on Thursday, January 15, at the Vander Plaat Funeral Home, 257 Godwin Avenue, Wyckoff, NJ. Those unable to visit can post condolence messages on the funeral home’s web site, www.vpfh.com.
The funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m., Friday, January 16, at the Ridgewood Christian Reformed Church, 271 Lincoln Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be sent to the Ridgewood Christian Reformed Church, designated for its handicap access fund.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>