The Passing of Former Nyack Prof. Joan Ostling
Former Nyack College journalism and English professor, Joan Ostling, died peacefully at her Ridgewood, NJ home on Sunday, January 11, after a long struggle with breast cancer. With her husband, Richard, a senior correspondent for Time Magazine, she co-authored Mormon America: The Power and The Promise, published by HarperCollins. Mrs. Ostling was also co-author of a comprehensive bibliography of books by and about C. S. Lewis. Joan Ostling was a writer and editor for the U.S. Information Agency in Washington, D.C.
Visiting hours are scheduled for 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. on Thursday, January 15, at the Vander Plaat Funeral Home, 257 Godwin Avenue, Wyckoff, NJ. Those unable to visit can post condolence messages on the funeral home’s web site, www.vpfh.com.
The funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m., Friday, January 16, at the Ridgewood Christian Reformed Church, 271 Lincoln Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be sent to the Ridgewood Christian Reformed Church, designated for its handicap access fund.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>