Early Childhood Transitions Conference at Nyack
Dr. JoAnn Looney, dean and professor of Nyack’s School of Education, recently announced that Nyack's Rockland County campus will be the venue for the Early Childhood Transitions Conference scheduled for Thursday, January 8, 2009, in Shuman Hall and Boon Campus Center from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. The conference theme is “Brain Compatible Learning.”
This event is the collaborative effort of the Early Childhood Transition Program with co-sponsors, which include the Nyack Teacher Center, Nyack Public Schools, Nyack College/School of Education, Child Care Resources of Rockland and Clarkstown Public Schools.
The Early Childhood Transitions Program was established by the Nyack Teacher Center and Nyack Public Schools to better facilitate communication, interaction, and comradeship between kindergarten teachers and local preschool teachers. Dr. Stuart Knapp and Prof. Sherry Jarrett, Nyack College School of Education faculty, are conference committee members. Prof. Bonnie Parsekian, School of Education adjunct professor, will co-present a workshop entitled, "Connecting Standards to Classroom Practice."
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>