Early Childhood Transitions Conference at Nyack
Dr. JoAnn Looney, dean and professor of Nyack’s School of Education, recently announced that Nyack's Rockland County campus will be the venue for the Early Childhood Transitions Conference scheduled for Thursday, January 8, 2009, in Shuman Hall and Boon Campus Center from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. The conference theme is “Brain Compatible Learning.”
This event is the collaborative effort of the Early Childhood Transition Program with co-sponsors, which include the Nyack Teacher Center, Nyack Public Schools, Nyack College/School of Education, Child Care Resources of Rockland and Clarkstown Public Schools.
The Early Childhood Transitions Program was established by the Nyack Teacher Center and Nyack Public Schools to better facilitate communication, interaction, and comradeship between kindergarten teachers and local preschool teachers. Dr. Stuart Knapp and Prof. Sherry Jarrett, Nyack College School of Education faculty, are conference committee members. Prof. Bonnie Parsekian, School of Education adjunct professor, will co-present a workshop entitled, "Connecting Standards to Classroom Practice."
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Browse Blog Archive>>