Oppose Cuts in New York State Student Aid
In light of impending New York State budget cuts, CICU President Abraham Lackman, alerted member campuses about how we can make our voices heard in Albany on the issue of financial aid reductions.
President Lackman sends the following message:
"As you know, New York State faces extremely difficult financial challenges. Funding for college financial aid could be targeted in the weeks and months ahead as our elected representatives figure out how to close a $14 billion hole in the state’s Budget. Just today, the Governor announced $5.2 billion in possible budget cuts as a first step.
In advance of Governor Paterson’s Executive Budget — which is expected on December 16 — I write to ask for ten seconds of your time to help mobilize in support of state student aid programs. More than 300,000 students depend on state financial assistance to meet their college costs. Here is what you can do now:
1. Forward this link to your family and friends: http://capwiz.com/cicu/mlm/signup/
2. Ask them to sign up to receive an e-mail at times when their voice of support will matter most.
In the months ahead, I’ll send updates to let you know when your calls, e-mails and other conversations with policymakers will help to funding for student aid.
Thank you for taking a stand in support of student financial aid. Your positive action will continue to make a difference."
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>