Oppose Cuts in New York State Student Aid
In light of impending New York State budget cuts, CICU President Abraham Lackman, alerted member campuses about how we can make our voices heard in Albany on the issue of financial aid reductions.
President Lackman sends the following message:
"As you know, New York State faces extremely difficult financial challenges. Funding for college financial aid could be targeted in the weeks and months ahead as our elected representatives figure out how to close a $14 billion hole in the state’s Budget. Just today, the Governor announced $5.2 billion in possible budget cuts as a first step.
In advance of Governor Paterson’s Executive Budget — which is expected on December 16 — I write to ask for ten seconds of your time to help mobilize in support of state student aid programs. More than 300,000 students depend on state financial assistance to meet their college costs. Here is what you can do now:
1. Forward this link to your family and friends: http://capwiz.com/cicu/mlm/signup/
2. Ask them to sign up to receive an e-mail at times when their voice of support will matter most.
In the months ahead, I’ll send updates to let you know when your calls, e-mails and other conversations with policymakers will help to funding for student aid.
Thank you for taking a stand in support of student financial aid. Your positive action will continue to make a difference."
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- TODAY: Second Chance to Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Browse Blog Archive>>