Oppose Cuts in New York State Student Aid
In light of impending New York State budget cuts, CICU President Abraham Lackman, alerted member campuses about how we can make our voices heard in Albany on the issue of financial aid reductions.
President Lackman sends the following message:
"As you know, New York State faces extremely difficult financial challenges. Funding for college financial aid could be targeted in the weeks and months ahead as our elected representatives figure out how to close a $14 billion hole in the state’s Budget. Just today, the Governor announced $5.2 billion in possible budget cuts as a first step.
In advance of Governor Paterson’s Executive Budget — which is expected on December 16 — I write to ask for ten seconds of your time to help mobilize in support of state student aid programs. More than 300,000 students depend on state financial assistance to meet their college costs. Here is what you can do now:
1. Forward this link to your family and friends: http://capwiz.com/cicu/mlm/signup/
2. Ask them to sign up to receive an e-mail at times when their voice of support will matter most.
In the months ahead, I’ll send updates to let you know when your calls, e-mails and other conversations with policymakers will help to funding for student aid.
Thank you for taking a stand in support of student financial aid. Your positive action will continue to make a difference."
- Vote and Send Isamar Lopez to "The Voice!
- The Amasi Trio Concert
- Emerging Technology Students Showcased in Spring Show
- Rockland Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Society Adds Nyack College Students
- Nyack/ATS Commencement Ceremony Will Be Streamed Live at www.nyack.edu
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Browse Blog Archive>>