Dean Underwood Selected for CCCU Steering Committee
Dr. Anita Underwood, appointed dean of the School of Business and Leadership in August 2008, was recently invited to join the steering committee of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) Research Center in Adult Learning. The new center, developed to study adult learning, is a joint venture the CCCU shares with host institution, Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) in Marion, IN.
For a two-year term, Dr. Underwood will be a part of a 10-15 member steering committee that convenes biannually in conjunction with an annual conference on adult education. Responsibilities of the committee include soliciting research proposals from CCCU member institutions as well as establishing and prioritizing a research agenda and assessment tools for the research. Committee members will also identify and recommend research fellows, who will reflect the denominational makeup of the CCCU and represent a wide spectrum of academic disciplines.
Dr. Underwood’s nomination was reviewed and accepted by the CCCU and university leaders. She was notified of her selection by Dr. Cynthia Tweedell, Executive Director, CCCU Center for Research in Adult Learning.
The Nyack College community proudly congratulates Dr. Underwood for another outstanding accomplishment.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>