$100,000 "Do Something" Grand Prize to Chad Bullock
© Associated Press
Nyack Communications major and anti-tobacco activist, Chad Bullock, is the 2008 winner of the “Do Something” Award, presented at the tenth annual Teen Choice Awards. Taped in Universal City, CA, the television show aired on the Fox Channel, Monday, August 4. Bullock won the grand prize of $100,000 to support his cause, while the other eight nominees, aged 13-25, each won $10,000.
Actress Scarlett Johansson presented the award to the 19-year-old Durham, NC native, who shared how his grandfather’s death from lung cancer motivated him to wage the war against smoking. In addition to nationwide speaking engagements, he has worked with political leaders, major companies, and other teens to advance his efforts. Two years ago, Chad was recognized by The Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids in Washington, D.C. for his leadership in the fight against tobacco use.
The Nyack campus community congratulates Chad on his latest accomplishment!
- NYC Student Government Association Presents Black History Month Showcase
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Nyack Among Local Colleges Offering Scholarships to MLK Oratory Contest Winners
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- Neil Anderson Conference at Nyack Sold Out!
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Congratulations to Our December 2015 Graduates!
- Browse Blog Archive>>