Nyack ESL Outreach Applauded
The ESL and Modern Language and Linguistics Departments at Nyack’s New York City campus were recently recognized by the Downtown Learning Center (DLC) in Brooklyn for their outreach initiatives to train ESL volunteers in faith-based organizations in the New York metropolitan area. During the graduation ceremony for 131 GED graduates and other students served by DLC, Prof. Peg Bowen, Director of ESL, was presented the award. The group cited an “appreciation for the department’s dedication and contribution to the intellectual and spiritual growth of the tutors and students of the Downtown Learning Center.”
For more than a year the NYC campus has been the site for free workshops developed for pastors, teachers, and ESL workers. Topics have included "Teaching with Technology (for the technically challenged),” “Literacy for English Language Learners (How to Teach Reading),” and “Methodology.” Representatives from leading educational publisher Pearson Longman have been on hand at the Nyack workshops to distribute free books to participants.
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>