2008 Distinguished Lecturer Series: Dr. Frederick DiBlasio
The Alliance Graduate School of Counseling on the Rockland Campus will host its annual Distinguished Lectureship Series featuring award-winning speaker, Dr. Frederick A. DiBlasio on Friday, May 30 at 7:30 p.m. in the chapel of Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 North Highland Ave. in Nyack.
Dr. DiBlasio, a therapist and professor of social work at the University of Maryland, will address the topic, “The Power of Forgiveness.” He co-wrote several recent articles including “Christ-like Love and Forgiveness: A biblical foundation for counseling practice” and “Empirical and theological exploration of a decision-based forgiveness intervention with committed Christian couples,” both for the Journal of Psychology and Christianity. He also co-wrote, “Christ-like love and forgiveness in marital counseling: Theory and practice implications” for Marriage and Family: A Christian Journal.
There is no charge for admission to the lecture. For directions or more information call, 1-800-541-6891.
- JANUARY 30: Office of Spiritual Formation Presents Andrew Palau
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Browse Blog Archive>>