Dr. Richard Gathro Joins Nyack Washington, DC
The appointment of Dr. Richard Gathro to the role of Assistant to the President and Dean of the Nyack College Washington, DC campus was recently announced by President Michael G. Scales. He joins the Nyack administrative team on April 1.
At the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), Dr. Gathro provided exemplary leadership in a variety of roles over the past three decades as Associate Director/Faculty Member for the American Studies Program (1978-1989); CCCU Vice President (1990-1998); CCCU Senior Vice President (1998-2004); CCCU Executive Vice President (2004-2007) and CCCU Senior Fellow (2007-present). He was honored at the 32nd Annual CCCU Presidents Conference in Washington, DC and will continue with the group in an advisory role as a permanent Senior Fellow.
Among his numerous accomplishments, Dr. Gathro created, developed, and led virtually all of the many CCCU student programs both domestic and international. He is currently
Senior Fellow, Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Washington, D.C.
President of the Fund for Integrated Education, Arlington, VA.
Trustee, Russian-American Christian University, Moscow, Russia
Lecturer, Washington Journalism Center, Washington, D.C.
Advisory Board Member for Brewing Culture (promoting creativity and the arts), Washington, D.C., Briner Institute (popular culture think-tank), Nashville, TN, International Association for the Promotion of Christian Higher Education (Iowa).
A chief enrollment officer at Trinity International University (Deerfield) prior to his CCCU tenure, Dr. Gathro’s first responsibility at Nyack will be to lead the DC team in their initiative of increased enrollment.
Dr. Gathro has also served with the Commission for Advancing Intercultural Competencies, the Commission for International Higher Education and the Commission for Campus Ministry Directors.
President Scales commented, “Richard Gathro has a well-deserved reputation for the successful training and mentoring of leaders—a skill much needed by our institution because of our growth, diversity and youth. More important than even his extraordinary capabilities is his compassionate heart. His vast network, nationally and internationally, is an invaluable asset for our future. He opens many new worlds for us. We are delighted to welcome Dr. Gathro and his wonderful wife, Kathy, to the Nyack family."
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>