80th Academy Awards Will Spotlight Nyack Alumna
Nyack alumna and New York City campus School of Music soloist, Willana Mack will perform on the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science 2008 Awards ceremony, which airs Sunday, February 24, 2008. The 80th annual event will be held at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Los Angeles, CA. Ms. Mack, a 2005 graduate, appeared in the 2007 Warner Brothers film, “August Rush.”
The selection she will sing, “Raise It Up,” is a gospel song from the film is nominated in the category, “achievement in music written for motion pictures (original song).” Music and lyrics were created by Jamal Joseph, Tevin Thomas, and Willana’s brother, Charles Mack.
Check your local listings for viewing times. Tune in and be proud with the Nyack campus community.
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Get Nyack Warrior Gear Online Until September 30
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>