80th Academy Awards Will Spotlight Nyack Alumna
Nyack alumna and New York City campus School of Music soloist, Willana Mack will perform on the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science 2008 Awards ceremony, which airs Sunday, February 24, 2008. The 80th annual event will be held at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Los Angeles, CA. Ms. Mack, a 2005 graduate, appeared in the 2007 Warner Brothers film, “August Rush.”
The selection she will sing, “Raise It Up,” is a gospel song from the film is nominated in the category, “achievement in music written for motion pictures (original song).” Music and lyrics were created by Jamal Joseph, Tevin Thomas, and Willana’s brother, Charles Mack.
Check your local listings for viewing times. Tune in and be proud with the Nyack campus community.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>