80th Academy Awards Will Spotlight Nyack Alumna
Nyack alumna and New York City campus School of Music soloist, Willana Mack will perform on the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science 2008 Awards ceremony, which airs Sunday, February 24, 2008. The 80th annual event will be held at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Los Angeles, CA. Ms. Mack, a 2005 graduate, appeared in the 2007 Warner Brothers film, “August Rush.”
The selection she will sing, “Raise It Up,” is a gospel song from the film is nominated in the category, “achievement in music written for motion pictures (original song).” Music and lyrics were created by Jamal Joseph, Tevin Thomas, and Willana’s brother, Charles Mack.
Check your local listings for viewing times. Tune in and be proud with the Nyack campus community.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>