Dr. Ron Walborn Is New ATS Dean
During recent Board of Trustees and Alliance Theological Seminary sub-committee meetings, the appointment of Dr. Ronald Walborn as the next Dean of ATS was affirmed. For the remainder of the current semester Dr. Turk, Provost and Interim Dean of ATS, will begin to transition responsibilities to Dr. Walborn. Dr. Walborn will officially assume the role of ATS Dean effective Tuesday, May 20, 2008.
Currently Dean of Nyack’s Division of Bible and Christian Ministry, he has served as a senior pastor of an 800-member church and as a church planter, ministering on both the east and west coast. Since Dr. Walborn’s return to Nyack College in 1999, the Pastoral Ministry program has grown into one of the larger programs at the College, and student evaluations of his classes are among the highest received. Recent graduates from the College’s Pastoral Ministry program serve in a variety of ministry roles in metro NY and within the broader C&MA community.
Nyack/ATS President Dr. Michael Scales says, “Ron is an excellent administrator and passionate leader. His passion for connecting the lost to the love of God and his commitment to bring renewal to the church make him a sought-after guest speaker at retreats, conferences, camps, and mega-churches.”
“The need for professionally trained and highly educated seminary graduates is greater than ever. This past fall, ATS experienced a total enrollment of 625 students—just in New York State.” Dr. Scales continued, “Our faculty is one of the finest groups of seminary academicians in the world with regard as they integrate theology, Missiology, sociology, anthropology, and ministry preparation. Dr. Turk and I are excited about what the future will bring for our faculty and graduates.”
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>