Dr. Ron Walborn Is New ATS Dean
During recent Board of Trustees and Alliance Theological Seminary sub-committee meetings, the appointment of Dr. Ronald Walborn as the next Dean of ATS was affirmed. For the remainder of the current semester Dr. Turk, Provost and Interim Dean of ATS, will begin to transition responsibilities to Dr. Walborn. Dr. Walborn will officially assume the role of ATS Dean effective Tuesday, May 20, 2008.
Currently Dean of Nyack’s Division of Bible and Christian Ministry, he has served as a senior pastor of an 800-member church and as a church planter, ministering on both the east and west coast. Since Dr. Walborn’s return to Nyack College in 1999, the Pastoral Ministry program has grown into one of the larger programs at the College, and student evaluations of his classes are among the highest received. Recent graduates from the College’s Pastoral Ministry program serve in a variety of ministry roles in metro NY and within the broader C&MA community.
Nyack/ATS President Dr. Michael Scales says, “Ron is an excellent administrator and passionate leader. His passion for connecting the lost to the love of God and his commitment to bring renewal to the church make him a sought-after guest speaker at retreats, conferences, camps, and mega-churches.”
“The need for professionally trained and highly educated seminary graduates is greater than ever. This past fall, ATS experienced a total enrollment of 625 students—just in New York State.” Dr. Scales continued, “Our faculty is one of the finest groups of seminary academicians in the world with regard as they integrate theology, Missiology, sociology, anthropology, and ministry preparation. Dr. Turk and I are excited about what the future will bring for our faculty and graduates.”
- NOV 20: First of 3 Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- NOV 19: Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- Browse Blog Archive>>