Dr. Ron Walborn Is New ATS Dean
During recent Board of Trustees and Alliance Theological Seminary sub-committee meetings, the appointment of Dr. Ronald Walborn as the next Dean of ATS was affirmed. For the remainder of the current semester Dr. Turk, Provost and Interim Dean of ATS, will begin to transition responsibilities to Dr. Walborn. Dr. Walborn will officially assume the role of ATS Dean effective Tuesday, May 20, 2008.
Currently Dean of Nyack’s Division of Bible and Christian Ministry, he has served as a senior pastor of an 800-member church and as a church planter, ministering on both the east and west coast. Since Dr. Walborn’s return to Nyack College in 1999, the Pastoral Ministry program has grown into one of the larger programs at the College, and student evaluations of his classes are among the highest received. Recent graduates from the College’s Pastoral Ministry program serve in a variety of ministry roles in metro NY and within the broader C&MA community.
Nyack/ATS President Dr. Michael Scales says, “Ron is an excellent administrator and passionate leader. His passion for connecting the lost to the love of God and his commitment to bring renewal to the church make him a sought-after guest speaker at retreats, conferences, camps, and mega-churches.”
“The need for professionally trained and highly educated seminary graduates is greater than ever. This past fall, ATS experienced a total enrollment of 625 students—just in New York State.” Dr. Scales continued, “Our faculty is one of the finest groups of seminary academicians in the world with regard as they integrate theology, Missiology, sociology, anthropology, and ministry preparation. Dr. Turk and I are excited about what the future will bring for our faculty and graduates.”
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>