Social Justice Day Speaker at Nyack Rockland
Nyack’s annual Social Justice Day luncheon will be held in Shuman Hall on Friday, January 18 at 12:30 p.m. on the Rockland County campus. This event is a prelude to celebrating the national Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday on Monday, January 21.
The 2008 recipient of the Social Justice Award will be C. Scott Vanderhoef, Rockland County Executive, who is currently serving his third term. The guest speaker for this popular event, which is well received by both the campus and the Rockland community, will be Mrs.Wylene Branton Wood. A dynamic educator and promoter of social justice and equality, Mrs. Wood is the president of the African American Historical Society of Rockland County. She also served as Co-Chair of La Amistad Project Committee for Haverstraw, NY.
Mrs. Wood is the wife of Dr. Cliff Wood, president of SUNY Rockland Community College and the daughter of Wiley Austin Branton Sr., who was lead counsel in Cooper vs. Aaron, better known as “The Little Rock Nine” case, which filed suit against attempts to delay the integration of Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Tickets for the luncheon are $50 per person. For more information phone 845.675.4589 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>