Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2008
Monday, January 21, Nyack College will celebrate the annual Martin Luther King. Jr. holiday. Though classes are not in session, the “day off” will be a “day on” with several opportunities for the campus to serve community organizations or to attend local events in remembrance of Dr. King's legacy.
Events include the following:
Annual Martin Luther King Community Breakfast,
St. Charles AME Zion Church, 432 Valentine Ave, Sparkill, NY
Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary president, Dr. Michael G. Scales will be the guest speaker.
North Broadway and Depew St., Nyack, NY
Volunteers will work on repair projects at Nyack Center.
Community Blood Drive and Health Fair
119 Main St., Nyack, NY
10:00 am- 2:00 pm and 3:30 p.m.-5:00 pm
In addition to free medical tests and screenings, Riverspace will show the film, Martin Luther King, Jr.: The Man and the Dream.
Annual Martin Luther King Commemorative Service
Pilgrim Baptist Church
33 North Franklin St., Nyack, NY
This special service, which begins at 2:00 p.m., will include a performance by Nyack College’s More Than Conquerors Gospel Choir.
New Life Community Health Center
82-10 Queens Blvd. , Elmhurst, NY
Members of Nyack College Athletic Teams will work on projects at the Health Center.
Fueled by the famous King quote: "Be concerned about your brother...either we go up together, or we go down together. Let us develop a kind of dangerous unselfishness," Nyack will partner with several organizations on special activities. The groups include the Berea Seventh Day Adventist Church, The Indian Nurses Association, The Rockland Chapter of the American Association of University Women, Rockland County Department of Health, The Rockland Ministerial Alliance and the Honorable John Shields, mayor of the Village of Nyack.
For additional information, contact the Office of Community Relations at 845.675.4791.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
- Lynette Rhett, Nyack NYC Student Releases CD--Come Jesus Come
- Distance Ed Roster Grows at Nyack /ATS
- Browse Blog Archive>>