Distinguished Professor of Philosophy Lectures at Nyack
Dr. Merold Westphal, Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Fordham University will be the guest lecturer hosted by the Philosophy Senior Seminar on Tuesday, October 30 at 9:30 a.m. in Hilltop Classroom 4 on Nyack's Rockland County campus. His subject will be “Faith in the Midst of Secular Thought.”
Dr. Westphal’s expertise is in the field of Continental Philosophy, which includes the work of Kant, Hegel, Kierkegaard, Husserl, and Heidegger. An author of eight books and some 200 published articles, he is a scholarly consultant for the university press of several universities and academic journals.
At Wheaton College, he completed undergraduate studies summa cum laude and earned both his M.A.and Ph.D. from Yale University. Dr. Westphal has taught philosophy at Fordham for twenty years and at a number of other colleges and seminaries, among them Wheaton College, Yale University, Harvard Divinity School and Fuller Theological Seminary.
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>