Distinguished Professor of Philosophy Lectures at Nyack
Dr. Merold Westphal, Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Fordham University will be the guest lecturer hosted by the Philosophy Senior Seminar on Tuesday, October 30 at 9:30 a.m. in Hilltop Classroom 4 on Nyack's Rockland County campus. His subject will be “Faith in the Midst of Secular Thought.”
Dr. Westphal’s expertise is in the field of Continental Philosophy, which includes the work of Kant, Hegel, Kierkegaard, Husserl, and Heidegger. An author of eight books and some 200 published articles, he is a scholarly consultant for the university press of several universities and academic journals.
At Wheaton College, he completed undergraduate studies summa cum laude and earned both his M.A.and Ph.D. from Yale University. Dr. Westphal has taught philosophy at Fordham for twenty years and at a number of other colleges and seminaries, among them Wheaton College, Yale University, Harvard Divinity School and Fuller Theological Seminary.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>