Distinguished Professor of Philosophy Lectures at Nyack
Dr. Merold Westphal, Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Fordham University will be the guest lecturer hosted by the Philosophy Senior Seminar on Tuesday, October 30 at 9:30 a.m. in Hilltop Classroom 4 on Nyack's Rockland County campus. His subject will be “Faith in the Midst of Secular Thought.”
Dr. Westphal’s expertise is in the field of Continental Philosophy, which includes the work of Kant, Hegel, Kierkegaard, Husserl, and Heidegger. An author of eight books and some 200 published articles, he is a scholarly consultant for the university press of several universities and academic journals.
At Wheaton College, he completed undergraduate studies summa cum laude and earned both his M.A.and Ph.D. from Yale University. Dr. Westphal has taught philosophy at Fordham for twenty years and at a number of other colleges and seminaries, among them Wheaton College, Yale University, Harvard Divinity School and Fuller Theological Seminary.
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>