Distinguished Professor of Philosophy Lectures at Nyack
Dr. Merold Westphal, Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Fordham University will be the guest lecturer hosted by the Philosophy Senior Seminar on Tuesday, October 30 at 9:30 a.m. in Hilltop Classroom 4 on Nyack's Rockland County campus. His subject will be “Faith in the Midst of Secular Thought.”
Dr. Westphal’s expertise is in the field of Continental Philosophy, which includes the work of Kant, Hegel, Kierkegaard, Husserl, and Heidegger. An author of eight books and some 200 published articles, he is a scholarly consultant for the university press of several universities and academic journals.
At Wheaton College, he completed undergraduate studies summa cum laude and earned both his M.A.and Ph.D. from Yale University. Dr. Westphal has taught philosophy at Fordham for twenty years and at a number of other colleges and seminaries, among them Wheaton College, Yale University, Harvard Divinity School and Fuller Theological Seminary.
- TONIGHT: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- MAY 30: New York City Fish Count
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>