Loss in the Nyack Community
The Nyack College campus in Rockland County announces with regret the untimely death of Mi Ra Park, a sophomore international student, after a head-on collision with a truck. The fatal crash occurred on Sunday, October 21 at 5:20 p.m. on Interstate 81 in Frederick County, Virginia and has been confirmed by the Virginia State Police. Mi Ra was visiting with her younger brother, also a student, studying in Virginia.
Nyack students who were aware of her trip to Virginia contacted the Virginia State Police on Monday, October 22 to file a missing person’s report when they had not heard from her since Sunday afternoon. The police responded with the news at 1:00 a.m. today that Ms. Park had been killed in a car accident. Residence Life staff was subsequently informed.
Dean of Students, Mrs. Michele Pinkham in coordination with Nyack’s Campus Pastor, Rev. Kelvin Walker, has enlisted the help of faculty and staff to be available to assist students with processing this loss.
Special prayer room hours have been established and began today in Boon Campus Center from 1:00 p.m. and will run until 10 p.m. On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, the prayer room will be open from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Mi Ra’s parents are en route to the United States from Korea. Funeral arrangements are unavailable at this time. Please keep Mi Ra’s family in prayer—for the safe travel of her parents and for the comfort needed for family and friends during this sudden tragedy.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>