Loss in the Nyack Community
The Nyack College campus in Rockland County announces with regret the untimely death of Mi Ra Park, a sophomore international student, after a head-on collision with a truck. The fatal crash occurred on Sunday, October 21 at 5:20 p.m. on Interstate 81 in Frederick County, Virginia and has been confirmed by the Virginia State Police. Mi Ra was visiting with her younger brother, also a student, studying in Virginia.
Nyack students who were aware of her trip to Virginia contacted the Virginia State Police on Monday, October 22 to file a missing person’s report when they had not heard from her since Sunday afternoon. The police responded with the news at 1:00 a.m. today that Ms. Park had been killed in a car accident. Residence Life staff was subsequently informed.
Dean of Students, Mrs. Michele Pinkham in coordination with Nyack’s Campus Pastor, Rev. Kelvin Walker, has enlisted the help of faculty and staff to be available to assist students with processing this loss.
Special prayer room hours have been established and began today in Boon Campus Center from 1:00 p.m. and will run until 10 p.m. On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, the prayer room will be open from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Mi Ra’s parents are en route to the United States from Korea. Funeral arrangements are unavailable at this time. Please keep Mi Ra’s family in prayer—for the safe travel of her parents and for the comfort needed for family and friends during this sudden tragedy.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- Browse Blog Archive>>