Robert Thomas Pickett 1970-2007
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Wednesday October 3, 2007
Director of Interdisciplinary Studies, Dr. Fernando Arzola, recently announced that New York City campus alumnus, Robert Thomas Pickett passed away on September 26, 2007. The 2007 magna cum laude graduate, who majored in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in Youth Ministry and Psychology, was just 37 years old.
Dr. Arzola shared that Robert's favorite scripture passage was "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances" (Philippians 4:11). Robert was passionate about poetry, sports, and mentoring.
Robert Pickett will be remembered by the Nyack community on Thursday, November 1 at the Youth Ministry Chapel at the New York City campus.
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Social Work Degree Guide Names Nyack College to Its Top 25
- Nyack Clergy Association Hosts a Memorial Service for Charleston Nine
- Nyack's Moseley Field Turns Heliport for New York's Governor
- Nyack Softball Players Make CACC All-Academic Team
- Nyack College Students in National Masterworks Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall
- New Major at Nyack: BA in Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- New York City Fish Count
- 2015 Empower Ceremony
- Browse Blog Archive>>