Remembering Harry Webster (1908-2007)
A dear friend of Nyack and Alliance Theological Seminary, Rev. Harry W. Webster, went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, September 22. He was known to many as pastor, church planter, and military chaplain, as well as husband and father. A gifted artisan, his stained glass handiwork graces windows at ATS Rockland and in Pardington Hall on the Nyack Rockland County campus.
Several gatherings this week will honor Mr. Webster’s life: A viewing will be held Wednesday, September 26 at Fairhaven Mortuary, 1702 Fairhaven Ave., Santa Ana, CA; A graveside Military Committal Service on Thursday, September 27 at 10:00 at Crystal Cathedral Memorial Gardens, 12141 Lewis Street, Garden Grove, CA; and a Christian memorial service on Friday, September 28 at 1:30 p.m. at the Community Bible Church, Town & Country Manor, 555 East Memory Lane, Santa Ana, CA with an informal reception of the Manor’s Garden Room.
Rev. Webster was known for his generosity to both Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary through several scholarships that he established, the first of which was the Harry Webster Scholarship, a $100,000 endowment that has helped dozens of ATS students pursue their seminary degrees.
A poignant snapshot that beautifully capsulizes Mr. Webster’s 99 years of service to The Christian and Missionary Alliance and to the Body of Christ, can be read in its entirety at http://www.nyack.edu/?page=WebsterEndowment
- Sept. 10: Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- Nyack School of Music Students to Perform at City Hall in Manhattan
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Important Info for Returning Nyack NYC and Rockland Students
- The Independent Sector Highlights Nyack's STEM Education Participation
- Dr. Leonard Kageler Receives YCL "World Changers Award"
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Browse Blog Archive>>