In observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday, January 17, a number of volunteer opportunities are available in Rockland County and in Brooklyn, NY. Transportation will be provided by the college. Vans to each site will leave Boon Center at the times specified below. Make a difference in someone else’s day by volunteering to:
- Serve breakfast at St. Charles A.M.E. Church in Sparkill, NY from 10:00 am until 12 noon. Van leaves at 9:00 a.m.
- Prepare and deliver meals with Meals on Wheels of Nanuet, NY. From 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. prepare meals or from 10:00 a.m. until 12 noon deliver meals. Delivery requires a vehicle and two volunteers to leave campus at 9:30 am.
- Donate blood. A mobile unit will be stationed in the main parking lot at Boon Center from 11:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Serve senior citizens. Pay a visit to Tappan Zee Manor. Van leaves at 1:15 p.m.
- Encourage residents of a rehab facility. Attend the fellowship at Anchor House Ministry in Brooklyn. Van leaves at 5:30 p.m.
The Nyack community is also welcome to attend the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day celebration at Pilgrim Baptist Church in downtown Nyack at 2:00 p.m. (Van leaves at 1:30 p.m.)