Par For the Course: Nyack's Golf Classic
It’s time to register for the annual André Thornton Golf Classic, which takes place on Wednesday, October 10 at the New York Country Club, 103 Brick Church Road in New Hempstead, NY. Registration for foursomes is in progress and can be completed online at www.nyack.edu/athletics. (Deadline is October 5.) Registration, use of the driving range a continental breakfast begins at 8:30 a.m. The tournament begins promptly at 10:00 a.m. with a scramble format.
The Golf Classic provides an opportunity to come together as a community to support Nyack students. Two discount incentives are being offered to faculty and staff of Nyack College and ATS*. Proceeds will benefit students who are in need of financial assistance to fulfill their desire to pursue a Christian education at Nyack.
Another highlight of the day will include a posthumous tribute to Nyack College alumnus, Clarence “Beef” Castel at an evening banquet. A class of 1956 graduate, Beef, touched many lives as Vice President of the Nyack Hospital Foundation, military chaplain, Nyack Ambulance Corps volunteer, Rotary member, Nyack College trustee and longtime supporter of Warrior Athletics. The Castel Cup will be unveiled at the dinner and awarded to the winning foursome.
*Brochures and details on the faculty/staff discount on the registration fee for the tournament are also available by contacting Earl Miller, Executive Director of Community Relations at (845)675-4791 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- Browse Blog Archive>>