RELOAD New York
Dr. Fred Arzola, Nyack College, Director of Interdisciplinary Studies and Assistant Professor, Youth Ministry and Christian Education at the New York City campus will be a featured speaker at RELOAD New York, a one-day leadership training workshop for youth workers on Saturday, September 29, 2007 beginning at 9:15 a.m. at Christian Cultural Center, 12020 Flatlands Avenue in Brooklyn, NY.
The event is sponsored by Urban Youth Workers Institute (UYWI) based in Buena Park, CA. UYWI was founded in 1993 by Dr. Larry Acosta in Southern California as an offspring of the Hispanic Ministry Center (HMC), a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, in response to the needs of young people and their families in urban Hispanic neighborhoods.
Workshop topics at the New York event include:
· Making Your Youth Ministry Relevant Without Compromise
· From Fed Up to Filled Up: The Personal Life of the Urban Youth Worker
· Understanding Hip-Hop to Reach the Hip-Hop Influenced Generation
· Sharing Our Faith in a Faithless World
· Mooks, Midriffs, Myspace & More
· Rebuilding a Fatherless Generation
· Real Steps to Dealing With the Gang Issue in Your Community
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. The cost is $15.00 in advance; $20.00 at the door. Breakfast and lunch are included in the registration fee. For more information, visit www.uywi.org.
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- TODAY: Second Chance to Audition for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- NOV. 5-6: Dr. Kevin Danaher is Fall 2014 Nyack 's Scholars Symposium Plenary Speaker
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Saturday, October 25--U of Pittsburgh Welcomes ATS Dean Ron Walborn for Bridge Forum: A Livestreamed Event!
- OCT 25: Dr. R. Steven Notley Featured Lecturer at Lanier Theological Library in Houston, TX
- NOV. 6 Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Velocity! Debuts at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Unearthing Magdala--Nyack College Conference for Interfaith Scholars
- RELEASE: Official Nyack Statement on Ebola
- October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
- Steinway Piano Dedication With Steinway & Sons President Ron Losby and CD-60 Biographer James Barron
- Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
- Browse Blog Archive>>