RELOAD New York
Dr. Fred Arzola, Nyack College, Director of Interdisciplinary Studies and Assistant Professor, Youth Ministry and Christian Education at the New York City campus will be a featured speaker at RELOAD New York, a one-day leadership training workshop for youth workers on Saturday, September 29, 2007 beginning at 9:15 a.m. at Christian Cultural Center, 12020 Flatlands Avenue in Brooklyn, NY.
The event is sponsored by Urban Youth Workers Institute (UYWI) based in Buena Park, CA. UYWI was founded in 1993 by Dr. Larry Acosta in Southern California as an offspring of the Hispanic Ministry Center (HMC), a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, in response to the needs of young people and their families in urban Hispanic neighborhoods.
Workshop topics at the New York event include:
· Making Your Youth Ministry Relevant Without Compromise
· From Fed Up to Filled Up: The Personal Life of the Urban Youth Worker
· Understanding Hip-Hop to Reach the Hip-Hop Influenced Generation
· Sharing Our Faith in a Faithless World
· Mooks, Midriffs, Myspace & More
· Rebuilding a Fatherless Generation
· Real Steps to Dealing With the Gang Issue in Your Community
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. The cost is $15.00 in advance; $20.00 at the door. Breakfast and lunch are included in the registration fee. For more information, visit www.uywi.org.
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- TONIGHT: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>