Bilingual Education Extension
Dr. Bennett Schepens, Dean of the School of Education, recently announced that Nyack's Masters Degree in Inclusive Education has been approved by the New York State Education Department for an extension in Bilingual Education. The Master's Degree in Inclusive Education provides a choice of courses that allows currently certified teachers to add to their certification an extension that qualifies them for a specialty or additional teaching area.
The Bilingual Extension will allow the teacher to teach in a classroom where two languages are used for instruction. Most often these are transition classes for students who are moving from the language of the family to English. The other extensions offered in the Inclusive Education program are Gifted Education and Middle Level Education.
This new expansion in course offerings is scheduled to be available in the 2008-2009 academic year. For more information, contact the School of Education at 845.675.4538.
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- English Chairman Announces Publication of Fine Print
- Career Talk on Banking at Nyack College Rockland
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Browse Blog Archive>>