Bilingual Education Extension
Dr. Bennett Schepens, Dean of the School of Education, recently announced that Nyack's Masters Degree in Inclusive Education has been approved by the New York State Education Department for an extension in Bilingual Education. The Master's Degree in Inclusive Education provides a choice of courses that allows currently certified teachers to add to their certification an extension that qualifies them for a specialty or additional teaching area.
The Bilingual Extension will allow the teacher to teach in a classroom where two languages are used for instruction. Most often these are transition classes for students who are moving from the language of the family to English. The other extensions offered in the Inclusive Education program are Gifted Education and Middle Level Education.
This new expansion in course offerings is scheduled to be available in the 2008-2009 academic year. For more information, contact the School of Education at 845.675.4538.
- TODAY: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Browse Blog Archive>>