Lonnie Morrison (1947-2007) Golf Coach Remembered
On Saturday, July 21, a memorial service will be held to celebrate the life of Lonnie Morrison, Jr., a former Nyack College golf coach, who passed away recently. The service will begin at 12 noon at the Joseph P. Kennedy Center, 34 West 134th Street between Fifth and Lenox Avenues in New York City, NY.
A one-time high school golf coach in Virginia, Lonnie recruited students from the Portsmouth, VA school to attend Nyack College.
Remembering Lonnie’s time at Nyack, Keith Davie, Director of Athletics & Head Men's Soccer Coach commented, "We are all saddened by Lonnie's passing. His spirit and smile were infectious and he was a big part of our department while he was here. His passion and persistence led to the creation of Nyack College Golf and his name will be synonymous with the golf program from now to eternity. Our thoughts and prayers are with Lonnie's family during this difficult period of time."
- RELEASE: Nyack's Fourth Year on the CHE "Great College to Work For" List
- Nyack's Welcome Mat for Hungary
- Nyack College Remembers the Late John Lawrence Seigenthaler
- Nyack College, A Partner Instructor School for Yale's Center for Scientific Teaching
- Nyack College Venue for County Legislature's Forum
- Nyack Nursing Professor and Student Publish in Journal of Nursing
- Alliance World Fellowship Committee Meets at Nyack/ATS Rockland
- Is Nyack Affordable?
- JUNE 13 & 14: Steinway & Sons Sponsor Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College
- JUNE 11: Nyack's 2014 Golf Classic
- Nyack College Social Work Major Receives NPRDP Scholarship
- RELEASE: An Award-Winning 2013-2104 for Women Warriors
- Nyack's Dr. Steve Notley on Archaeological Survey in Israel
- Nyack Campus Community Remembers Ralph G. Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Nyack's Newest Members of Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon
- Browse Blog Archive>>