Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
Assistant Dean of the Nyack New York City School of Music Dr. Sue Talley (pictured) shared a review that praised the recent performance of her music faculty and students with opera great Kathleen Battle in Helzberg Hall of the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts in Kansas City, MO. The NYC campus performers were a part of a 29-voice choir that accompanied Ms. Battle in Underground Railroad: A Spiritual Journey, a program of spirituals with narration.
Critic Anthony Rodgers cited student conductor, Stephanie Fisher and the performances of Chenee Campbell, both seniors and Chris Anthony, a 2017 alumnus. Referring to the internationally acclaimed soprano, Rodgers writes, “Battle appeared to understand and value the talent in the choir, sometimes pausing to make eye contact and smile at a performer after a reading or looking out into the audience, smiling and shaking her head in wonderment.” About the quartet that showcased three Nyack performers, he called their rendition of a traditional hymn “some of the tightest harmonies of the evening.” Other Nyack performers included Nicole Vega, Andre Rogers, Kalia Baptiste, Jazmen Reyes, Prof. Willana Mack, Prof. Cliff Smith and Prof. Darryl Jordan.
Read the review in its entirety.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>