Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
Prof. Beverley Locke recently announced that “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings,” a Get Creative event will be presented on Thursday, February 22 from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. at Nyack College in President’s Hall, 185 South Highland Blvd., in Nyack (Shuman Hall). The gathering which echoes the title of a poem by Maya Angelou is hosted by the Nyack College Writing Center, directed by Prof. Locke, in observance of Black History Month.
The evening includes a screening of the award-winning documentary on the Civil Rights Movement in America, “Eyes on the Prize (Part II).” A discussion about the film will be led by a panel of faculty, staff and students. Spoken word performances will also be a highlight of the event.
This event will be repeated at the New York City campus, 2 Washington Street on Monday, February 26 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in The Pavilion (Room 2130).
Admission is free and all are welcome.
Learn more about the Writing Center and its offices on Nyack's Rockland and Manhattan campuses.
- FEB 21: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Browse Blog Archive>>