School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
Dean of Nyack’s School of Education, Dr. JoAnn Looney, recently reported the latest professional accreditation status of programs in her division.
Currently education degree programs that are “nationally recognized” by their Specialized Professional Agencies (SPA) through August 1, 2026 include Adolescence English, Childhood Special Education, Childhood Education (Undergraduate), Childhood Education (Graduate), Early Childhood Education, TESOL (Initial) and TESOL (Additional). Music Education (Rockland campus) is accredited by the National Association Schools of Music.
The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) requires that 51% of programs have SPAs in order to be considered sufficient. Nyack has reached 100% for SPA-related degree programs that are continuing to seek enrollment.
For maintaining the academic excellence that embodies our core values of being globally engaged, intentionally diverse, personally transforming and socially relevant, we congratulate Dr. Looney and her extraordinary faculty!
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>