Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
The Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) and the East Coast Conference (ECC) will co-host the annual CACC and ECC Leadership Conference February 9-10 at Nyack College for CACC and ECC member schools and representatives from the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC). Programming for the event, “Experience in Community and Character,” will be led by Maricela Shukie, vice president of operations at Forward Progress, an athletics consulting organization. The weekend sessions will focus on three topics: values clarification, leadership styles and servant leadership.
Nyack Athletic Director Keith Davie and Assistant Athletic Director Mandy Aikens will participate along with student athletes David DeGenaro (baseball), Tia Celano (softball) and Storm Glautier, Nyack's SAAC representative.
"The CACC has had a terrific partnership with the ECC in regards to these leadership retreats. Student-athletes from both conferences have been able to gain valuable information about various components of their athletic and academic careers, while also giving back to the community through endeavors with local Special Olympians. I personally look forward to being part of the weekend once again," says CACC Commissioner Dan Mara (pictured above). On Friday night, the conferences will join with the Hudson Valley Special Olympics to sponsor a Valentine’s Day dance for the Special Olympics athletes in Nyack's Bowman Gymnasium.
"We know this is a valuable event and we look forward to teaming with the folks at Forward Progress this year to take the program in another new and exciting direction that I am sure will benefit all the participants," adds ECC Commissioner Bob Dranoff.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>