Warriors win sportsmanship award
Commissioner Dan Mara of the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) recently announced that Nyack College is the recipient of the 2006-2007 CACC Men’s and Women’s Team Sportsmanship Awards. The Nyack men garnered 93 total points to take the honor, while the Warrior women tallied 142 total votes.
Each CACC-sponsored sport presents a Team Sportsmanship Award at the conclusion of its respective season.The yearly awards go to the schools that receive the most combined votes from each sport. One men’s program and one women’s program receive a plaque each spring.
The Nyack men received the Team Sportsmanship Award for soccer (in a tie with Bloomfield), baseball, and golf. The Warriors also finished second in the voting for basketball, behind Goldey-Beacom. The Nyack women earned the Team Sportsmanship Award in soccer, volleyball, basketball and softball this year.
Congratulations are due to the Warrior coaching staff and athletes for another commendable year of competition.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>