Warriors win sportsmanship award
Commissioner Dan Mara of the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) recently announced that Nyack College is the recipient of the 2006-2007 CACC Men’s and Women’s Team Sportsmanship Awards. The Nyack men garnered 93 total points to take the honor, while the Warrior women tallied 142 total votes.
Each CACC-sponsored sport presents a Team Sportsmanship Award at the conclusion of its respective season.The yearly awards go to the schools that receive the most combined votes from each sport. One men’s program and one women’s program receive a plaque each spring.
The Nyack men received the Team Sportsmanship Award for soccer (in a tie with Bloomfield), baseball, and golf. The Warriors also finished second in the voting for basketball, behind Goldey-Beacom. The Nyack women earned the Team Sportsmanship Award in soccer, volleyball, basketball and softball this year.
Congratulations are due to the Warrior coaching staff and athletes for another commendable year of competition.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>