Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?"
This is just one of the many quotable expressions voiced by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. as he led the Civil Rights Movement in our nation from the mid-1950s until his assassination in 1968.
For more than three decades, our nation has celebrated his legendary life. January 15, his actual birth date, was observed yesterday as a federal holiday. Post offices, schools, banks, the New York Stock Exchange and a good deal of the American work force had the “day off” on Monday.
Members of the the Nyack College men’s basketball team made it a “day on” as they served residents of the Rockland County community who attended the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. breakfast at St. Charles A.M.E. Church in Sparkill, NY.
Throughout the academic year, Head Coach Jason Crafton has his athletes involved in community initiatives such as King Day community outreach—just one more reason to look up to these young men who honor the fallen American hero.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>