Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
Papers. Final exams. Heading home for the holidays. Those are the usual priorities for Nyack/Alliance Theological Seminary students in December. But a faithful crew volunteered in the Nyack Rockland campus cafeteria selling Christmas ornaments made by Jordanian women living in the Middle East. The women whose income is below the poverty line have become artisans who produce handmade items distributed by a social business, Green Creations.
During the lunch and dinner hours at Boon Campus Center, Martha Hache (a Nyack student) and Mitch Massey (an Alliance Theological Seminary student) are two students who took time to sell beaded snowflakes and candy canes. Sales support Green Creations’ mission of “merging poverty alleviation with environmental awareness to provide jobs for Jordanian women in need."
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>