CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
Nyack College put out the welcome mat for Christian higher education colleague, Rahn Franklin, director of multicultural student development and a campus leader of diversity initiatives at Northwestern College in Orange City, Iowa. This year, Rahn is a participant in the Multi-Ethnic Leadership Development Institute (M-E LDI) sponsored by the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU), which provides training for emerging leaders of color from all its member campuses.
After describing his career aspirations with M-E LDI leadership, for his shadowing experience in, he was paired with Nyack’s Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. David Turk. Dr. Turk has an extensive role in Nyack’s diversity practices that have been nationally recognized in its student, faculty and staff population and recently contributed a chapter to the 2017 book, "Diversity Matters."
With a full, three-day itinerary of meetings with campus leaders, Rahn (pictured with Resident Life staff, (l) Marco Pazmiño, Moseley Hall Area Coordinator and (r) Louis Sanchez, Moseley Hall Residence Director) was impressed with the “distinguished prestige and charm” and the “new energy in the heart of the City among diverse constituents” at the two New York campuses. Like many past campus guests, he observed the strong emphasis on mentoring students on both the residential and commuter campuses, which he observes “enhances relationships and promotes the “Beloved Community.” Rahn also admires Nyack’s approach to its Higher Education Opportunity Program that has tools in place to help students thrive.
With his schedule of morning to evening appointments over the course of his brief stay, Rahn concludes that, "the most impressive element at each campus is the community commitment to synergistically tie word and deed throughout the life of the institiution."
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>