CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
Nyack College put out the welcome mat for Christian higher education colleague, Rahn Franklin, director of multicultural student development and a campus leader of diversity initiatives at Northwestern College in Orange City, Iowa. This year, Rahn is a participant in the Multi-Ethnic Leadership Development Institute (M-E LDI) sponsored by the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU), which provides training for emerging leaders of color from all its member campuses.
After describing his career aspirations with M-E LDI leadership, for his shadowing experience in, he was paired with Nyack’s Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. David Turk. Dr. Turk has an extensive role in Nyack’s diversity practices that have been nationally recognized in its student, faculty and staff population and recently contributed a chapter to the 2017 book, "Diversity Matters."
With a full, three-day itinerary of meetings with campus leaders, Rahn (pictured with Resident Life staff, (l) Marco Pazmiño, Moseley Hall Area Coordinator and (r) Louis Sanchez, Moseley Hall Residence Director) was impressed with the “distinguished prestige and charm” and the “new energy in the heart of the City among diverse constituents” at the two New York campuses. Like many past campus guests, he observed the strong emphasis on mentoring students on both the residential and commuter campuses, which he observes “enhances relationships and promotes the “Beloved Community.” Rahn also admires Nyack’s approach to its Higher Education Opportunity Program that has tools in place to help students thrive.
With his schedule of morning to evening appointments over the course of his brief stay, Rahn concludes that, "the most impressive element at each campus is the community commitment to synergistically tie word and deed throughout the life of the institiution."
- Nyack College School of Music December Concerts
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Browse Blog Archive>>