Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
The New York City chapter of the national Christian Medical and Dental Associations (CMDA) recently held its “Critical Care for the Soul” conference at Nyack College's campus at 2 Washington Street near Battery Park in Manhattan.
The daylong event offered a time of reflection, fellowship and learning for medical professionals (some participants pictured above) who serve in New York City, New Jersey, Westchester and Long Island. Dr. Ronald Walborn, dean of Alliance Theological seminary presented a powerful devotion from John 8 on Jesus’ ability to look beneath behavior to capture hearts. Alliance Graduate School of Counseling professor, Dr. Elaine Eng, spoke on “Discovering Your Spiritual Specialty.” Other speakers included Dr. Richard Johnson (“Caring for Our Marriages”), Dr. Sathya Theodore, (“For Heaven’s Sake, Take Care of Yourself”), and Dr. Margaret Yoon (“Parenting and Caring for our Families”). Dr. Meredith Hawkins concluded the day with prayer.
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>