Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
The New York City chapter of the national Christian Medical and Dental Associations (CMDA) recently held its “Critical Care for the Soul” conference at Nyack College's campus at 2 Washington Street near Battery Park in Manhattan.
The daylong event offered a time of reflection, fellowship and learning for medical professionals (some participants pictured above) who serve in New York City, New Jersey, Westchester and Long Island. Dr. Ronald Walborn, dean of Alliance Theological seminary presented a powerful devotion from John 8 on Jesus’ ability to look beneath behavior to capture hearts. Alliance Graduate School of Counseling professor, Dr. Elaine Eng, spoke on “Discovering Your Spiritual Specialty.” Other speakers included Dr. Richard Johnson (“Caring for Our Marriages”), Dr. Sathya Theodore, (“For Heaven’s Sake, Take Care of Yourself”), and Dr. Margaret Yoon (“Parenting and Caring for our Families”). Dr. Meredith Hawkins concluded the day with prayer.
- Nyack College School of Music December Concerts
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Browse Blog Archive>>