Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
Student-athletes at Nyack College do more than play to win. They win by giving.
Nyack’s Lady Warrior’s Soccer team has doubled their efforts to engage the fight against pediatric cancer. This month and continuing in October, Cancer Awareness Month, members of the team are volunteering in the Child Life Program at Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center.
The team is fundraising under the umbrella of Vs. Cancer, whose mission “as a signature fundraising campaign of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation” is to split proceeds “between child life programs in local hospitals and national pediatric brain tumor research.” There are two ways to support this initiative. Visit the Nyack page and click on the “Donate” button to support the Nyack Women’s Soccer Team. Half of the proceeds the Warriors collect will go to Vs. Cancer and half to The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center. You may also click on the “Join the Team” button and create your own fundraising page that you can share with family and friends.
Nyack’ s Head Women’s Soccer Coach Jodel Wright and the Nyack Lady Warriors will welcome two representatives from Montefiore’s Children’s Hospital to the Rockland County campus on Thursday, October 12 from 1:00-2:00 p.m. in Boon Campus Center (Palisades/Hudson Rooms). The speakers will acquaint students with The Phoebe H. Stein Child Life Program at Montefiore. This event is a kick-off to the Vs. Cancer Awareness game on Saturday, October 14 at noon during Homecoming, when Nyack will compete against Georgian Court University.
Come out and cheer them on in this especially significant game during their fundraising efforts!
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>