Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
Student-athletes at Nyack College do more than play to win. They win by giving.
Nyack’s Lady Warrior’s Soccer team has doubled their efforts to engage the fight against pediatric cancer. This month and continuing in October, Cancer Awareness Month, members of the team are volunteering in the Child Life Program at Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center.
The team is fundraising under the umbrella of Vs. Cancer, whose mission “as a signature fundraising campaign of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation” is to split proceeds “between child life programs in local hospitals and national pediatric brain tumor research.” There are two ways to support this initiative. Visit the Nyack page and click on the “Donate” button to support the Nyack Women’s Soccer Team. Half of the proceeds the Warriors collect will go to Vs. Cancer and half to The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center. You may also click on the “Join the Team” button and create your own fundraising page that you can share with family and friends.
Nyack’ s Head Women’s Soccer Coach Jodel Wright and the Nyack Lady Warriors will welcome two representatives from Montefiore’s Children’s Hospital to the Rockland County campus on Thursday, October 12 from 1:00-2:00 p.m. in Boon Campus Center (Palisades/Hudson Rooms). The speakers will acquaint students with The Phoebe H. Stein Child Life Program at Montefiore. This event is a kick-off to the Vs. Cancer Awareness game on Saturday, October 14 at noon during Homecoming, when Nyack will compete against Georgian Court University.
Come out and cheer them on in this especially significant game during their fundraising efforts!
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- Nyack College School of Music December Concerts
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>