Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
Nyack’s Distinguished Professor of New Testament and Christian Origins Dr. R. Steven Notley will be the featured speaker presenting, “Unearthing Bethsaida-Julias: Has the City of the Apostles Been Found?” on Thursday, September 28 at 7:00 p.m. at the Nyack New York City campus, 2 Washington Street (Room 2241) in Battery Park. The event is hosted by The Nyack College Center for the Study of Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins and the Biblical Archaeology Society and the public welcome. Seating is limited.
The El Araj Excavation Project, led by Dr. Notley as academic director along with other Nyack faculty and students and archaeologists from Kinneret College in Israel, unearthed evidence of the possible location of ancient Bethsaida and Herod Philip’s urbanization of the Jewish fishing village. This breakthrough stirred a media blitz that circled the globe including coverage by National Geographic, USA Today, Newsweek, Times of Israel, Jerusalem Post, "The Today Show," Fox News.com and the History News Network.
Learn more about Nyack’s Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins program here.
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>