ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
Dr. Ron Walborn, dean of Alliance Theological Seminary (front row, second from far right), is in Ho Chi Minh City this week participating in another historic moment for Tin Lanh Church and the thriving body of 1.5 million believers in The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Vietnam.
Dr. Walborn, (pictured with the inaugural master's level class) will teach a Foundations in Ministry course at the Vietnam Institute of Bible and Theology, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. “I am blessed and honored to be their first professor in a 36-credit rotation (12 three-credit courses),” he explains. There are only 400 trained pastors serving this enormous body of believers in Vietnam.
The gratitude for Dr. Walborn's visit was apparent in an anecdote he shared about his students' level of respect for him. "I finished a lecture before 11:30 and dismissed my students for lunch. Nobody moved as I began to check my email and Facebook. They sat quietly not interrupting me. Finally after ten minutes I asked, 'Why are you guys still here?'The spokesman for the group stood to his feet and quietly said, 'We won't leave until you pray for us, Sir. Please pray for us.' Tears, tears, tears. I love these gentle men of God."
Before returning to the States, he added, “I preach on Sunday in a large 3,000 member church and fly home Sunday night. I have a 14-hour layover in Seoul Korea and will meet with the President and leaders of Seoul Theological University.”
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- Browse Blog Archive>>