In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
By God's grace, we have sought to develop at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary an institution of Christian education that prioritizes love as the primary virtue of being Christ-like. This is consistent with how we read and understand the gospel.
As one of the nation’s most diverse institutions of higher education, we at Nyack/ATS seek to cultivate an environment that models Christ's love for all people. Our founder, Dr. A.B. Simpson, declared “Your Master knows no color line, save that of His blood-red cross.” We do not condone any act of hatred towards any group of people.
Hateful acts that have occurred in our nation and around the world—Barcelona, Spain; Charlottesville, VA; London, England; Stockholm, Sweden—break our hearts, especially when innocent blood is shed because of racial, religious or political beliefs. God’s heartbreak is also very real. His Word challenges us to oppose hate with the power of love.
Jesus said, “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”
Despite the darkness that is in the world, we can glorify God by our love. As Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
Dr. Michael G. Scales, President
Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>