Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
What does “the best of both worlds” look like for Lauren Lebo?
The 2016 summa cum laude graduate left Nyack College with her Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree to pursue her passion for serving. While holding down her role at Blythdale Children's Hospital in Valhalla, NY--Nurse Lebo will be returning to Nyack College in a new role--head coach of the women's lacrosse team.
“We are excited to see Lauren continue the growth of the program and lead it to the CACC playoffs and beyond,” comments Nyack’s Athletics Director Keith Davie.
Is there any reason why great things wouldn't be expected of Lauren?
In the 2013-2014 season, Lauren earned the #2 spot in goals per game for all National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II programs and the distinction of being Nyack’s first statistical champion in lacrosse. In 2014-2015 and 2015-16, Lauren led in draw controls. She was a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Academic All Conference player during her Nyack career and concluded her senior season as the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year. The Athletic Department’s highest award, the Jonathan L. Gainer Memorial Sportsmanship Award, was also presented to Lauren at the annual Warrior Awards ceremony in 2016.
At the Nyack School of Nursing pinning ceremony, the Alpha Chi Honor Society and Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society member received the American Nursing Association (ANA)’s Future Nurse Leader Award and for academic excellence in nursing, the Drs. Ardel and Teresa Vietti Award.
“I am excited to come back to Nyack as a coach because Nyack has influenced me in more ways than I can say. The lacrosse program has played an irreplaceable role in my life, and I am looking forward to being able to pass on the things I have learned to the team I will now coach. Not only do I love to compete, I love that at Nyack we can compete without losing the focus on integrity and character. I’ll strive to help build a team that achieves excellence, but has a foundation in Christ,” says Lauren.
Welcome home, Coach Lebo!
*Learn more about Nyack’s School of Nursing.
- Tickets On Sale for United Praise Gospel Concert August 11 at Barclays Center
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Browse Blog Archive>>