Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
Associate Professor of Bible Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah will be a workshop speaker at the 2017 Christians for Biblical Equality (CBE) Conference, “Mutual By Design," which will be held July 21-23 in Orlando, FL at the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort.
Dr. Abdallah will speak in Workshop Block 2 on Friday, July 21 at 3:00 p.m. “Harry Was Wrong: Women and Men as Friends and Colleagues,” is the title of her presentation described as follows:
The movie When Harry Met Sally has a famous dinner conversation where Harry states, “men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.” He was neither the first nor the last to express a sentiment that has consistently brought fear and suspicion into cross-sex relationships. While we should be cautious in our society of affairs, divorce, and casual sex, the time has come to look beyond our societal issues and ask whether that fear and suspicion among brothers and sisters is all we can hope for in the family of Christ. We need diverse perspectives in all aspects of society—even in our interpersonal relationships. This seminar will explore this question biblically and theologically, and more forward with practical steps to forming friend and colleague relationships with the opposite sex. Remember, Jesus had several close friends who were women.
CBE International is “a non-profit organization of Christian men and women who believe that the Bible, properly interpreted, teaches the fundamental equality of men and women of all ethnic groups, all economic classes, and all age groups, based on the teachings of Scriptures such as Galatians 3:28.”
Learn more about the conference here.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>