Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
Associate Professor of Bible Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah will be a workshop speaker at the 2017 Christians for Biblical Equality (CBE) Conference, “Mutual By Design," which will be held July 21-23 in Orlando, FL at the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort.
Dr. Abdallah will speak in Workshop Block 2 on Friday, July 21 at 3:00 p.m. “Harry Was Wrong: Women and Men as Friends and Colleagues,” is the title of her presentation described as follows:
The movie When Harry Met Sally has a famous dinner conversation where Harry states, “men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.” He was neither the first nor the last to express a sentiment that has consistently brought fear and suspicion into cross-sex relationships. While we should be cautious in our society of affairs, divorce, and casual sex, the time has come to look beyond our societal issues and ask whether that fear and suspicion among brothers and sisters is all we can hope for in the family of Christ. We need diverse perspectives in all aspects of society—even in our interpersonal relationships. This seminar will explore this question biblically and theologically, and more forward with practical steps to forming friend and colleague relationships with the opposite sex. Remember, Jesus had several close friends who were women.
CBE International is “a non-profit organization of Christian men and women who believe that the Bible, properly interpreted, teaches the fundamental equality of men and women of all ethnic groups, all economic classes, and all age groups, based on the teachings of Scriptures such as Galatians 3:28.”
Learn more about the conference here.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>