Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
Associate Professor of Bible Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah will be a workshop speaker at the 2017 Christians for Biblical Equality (CBE) Conference, “Mutual By Design," which will be held July 21-23 in Orlando, FL at the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort.
Dr. Abdallah will speak in Workshop Block 2 on Friday, July 21 at 3:00 p.m. “Harry Was Wrong: Women and Men as Friends and Colleagues,” is the title of her presentation described as follows:
The movie When Harry Met Sally has a famous dinner conversation where Harry states, “men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.” He was neither the first nor the last to express a sentiment that has consistently brought fear and suspicion into cross-sex relationships. While we should be cautious in our society of affairs, divorce, and casual sex, the time has come to look beyond our societal issues and ask whether that fear and suspicion among brothers and sisters is all we can hope for in the family of Christ. We need diverse perspectives in all aspects of society—even in our interpersonal relationships. This seminar will explore this question biblically and theologically, and more forward with practical steps to forming friend and colleague relationships with the opposite sex. Remember, Jesus had several close friends who were women.
CBE International is “a non-profit organization of Christian men and women who believe that the Bible, properly interpreted, teaches the fundamental equality of men and women of all ethnic groups, all economic classes, and all age groups, based on the teachings of Scriptures such as Galatians 3:28.”
Learn more about the conference here.
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- Browse Blog Archive>>