RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Opts In to New York State
Tuition Discount Program
Private Colleges Find a Viable Counterpart
to NYS Free Tuition for State Schools
NYACK, NY--As New York State rolls out its free tuition program, officially known as the Excelsior Scholarship, exclusively for State University of New York (SUNY) and City University of New York (CUNY) schools, another initiative—the Enhanced Tuition Award (ETA)—is available for New York’s private colleges.
Nyack College is one of a half dozen Hudson Valley institutions of higher education and one of the 29 out of 95 New York private colleges that will opt in to the State’s ETA program, providing New York residents with a discounted tuition. The awards, which will be available to students beginning with the fall 2017 semester, can be a combination of a Tuition Assistance Plan (TAP) award, ETA and matching funds from participating colleges.
The NYS free tuition and NYS free college for State residents will potentially contribute to a workforce empowered by higher education. Similarly, Nyack College’s decision to opt in to the ETA reflects its longstanding commitment to an affordable, quality education in an intentionally diverse and personally transforming environment.
“Nyack College is dedicated to college affordability for all of our students. We have worked diligently to maintain affordable costs while simultaneously distributing student aid that facilitates access to students seeking private Christian college education, regardless of a student’s economic background,” says Nyack president, Dr. Michael G. Scales.
Students in associate or bachelor’s degree programs, who maintain passing grades and are on track to complete their degree on time, will be eligible to receive the tuition discount award. In addition to the 12-month State residency required prior to the term for which application is made, the student’s annual family income must be less than $100,000. Among other requirements, applicants must plan to live and work in New York for the same number of years for which the discount has been awarded. (i.e. Students who receive the discount for four years are required to live and work in New York for four years.) Individuals in an undergraduate program that is structured to be completed in five years are eligible to receive the award for the five years. If students do not maintain the requirements of eligibility, the award will be converted to a loan.
The ETA application is available now. The deadline for completing the application is August 21, 2017. Students can also email the Nyack College Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com to learn more about the ETA program at Nyack. See detailed information about undergraduate degrees offered at Nyack’s Rockland County and Manhattan campuses.
ABOUT NYACK COLLEGE
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves more than 2,500 students in its undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and online degree programs. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
- Tickets On Sale for United Praise Gospel Concert August 11 at Barclays Center
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Browse Blog Archive>>