School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
Nyack College School of Education professors, Dr. Marie White and Prof. Miriam Velez (l-r) were recognized in the Summer 2017 Studying & Self-Regulated Learning SIG (Special Interest Groups) Newsletter. Their work was cited as “an illustration of the transformational power of global citizenship in this era of self-regulated science” and for their “comprehensive global citizenship approach to teacher education,” noting their global accomplishments in Honduras and the Philippines.
SIGs offer a platform within the American Educational Research Association (AERA) to connect people who have a common interest in a field of study, teaching or research. The two Nyack New York City campus professors co-authored Developing Self-regulation of Learning and Teaching Skills Among Teacher Candidates, with Héfer Bembenutty (Springer, 2015). Dr. White also co-authored, Self-Regulation and the Common Core: Application to ELA Standards (Routledge, 2015) with Maria DiBenedetto.
This Special Interest Group (SIG) recognition has notable significance because of the strong international readership, including many well-known leaders in teacher education research at prestigious universities. Dr. White is a former SSRL(Studying and Self-regulated Learning) SIG Chair.
Congratulations are in order for these two Nyack faculty members who serve their students and the institution with excellence and compassion.
- Tickets On Sale for United Praise Gospel Concert August 11 at Barclays Center
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Browse Blog Archive>>