Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
Outreach to communities and organizations is a common Nyack College practice because service is such an integral part of the institution's DNA.
Nyack’s Athletics Department is just one campus group that exemplifies this commitment. As participants in the National Collegiate Athletic Association’s “NCAA® Team Works™ Helper Helper Community Service Competition,” Nyack student-athletes placed 11th in the nation for community outreach. January through March 2017, schools were ranked based on the number of service hours and percentage of participants.
The Women’s Basketball Team clocked some 400 hours alone. More 698 hours and 98% participation were volunteered by Nyack athletes for the NCAA® Team Works™ competition. During the 2016-2017 academic year, Warrior teams offered 1,690 hours in various activities.
One Rockland County non-profit, the Nyack Homeless Project, recently expressed appreciation for volunteer efforts of Nyack College students, faculty and staff. When the Homeless Project was awarded with a gift of $8,000 from Bill Kolb, Jr. Subaru of Rockland to support their mission of collecting food and clothing for the less fortunate, Nyack representatives were invited to be a part of the photo shoot during the presentation.
Representing Nyack in this photo are David D. Julien, Nyack Head Women's Basketball Coach (second from the left) and Dr. Christine Buel, a Nyack College School of Education professor (fourth from the left).
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>