Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
Outreach to communities and organizations is a common Nyack College practice because service is such an integral part of the institution's DNA.
Nyack’s Athletics Department is just one campus group that exemplifies this commitment. As participants in the National Collegiate Athletic Association’s “NCAA® Team Works™ Helper Helper Community Service Competition,” Nyack student-athletes placed 11th in the nation for community outreach. January through March 2017, schools were ranked based on the number of service hours and percentage of participants.
The Women’s Basketball Team clocked some 400 hours alone. More 698 hours and 98% participation were volunteered by Nyack athletes for the NCAA® Team Works™ competition. During the 2016-2017 academic year, Warrior teams offered 1,690 hours in various activities.
One Rockland County non-profit, the Nyack Homeless Project, recently expressed appreciation for volunteer efforts of Nyack College students, faculty and staff. When the Homeless Project was awarded with a gift of $8,000 from Bill Kolb, Jr. Subaru of Rockland to support their mission of collecting food and clothing for the less fortunate, Nyack representatives were invited to be a part of the photo shoot during the presentation.
Representing Nyack in this photo are David D. Julien, Nyack Head Women's Basketball Coach (second from the left) and Dr. Christine Buel, a Nyack College School of Education professor (fourth from the left).
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>