School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
Prof. Joel Jameson and his wife, Prof. Shelley Jameson of the Nyack College School of Music in Rockland County have announced a three-day intensive Vocal/Opera Institute, which will be held in Nyack's Pardington Hall, 45 South Blvd. in Nyack, NY May 22-24, for young professional singers and current Nyack students. Sessions will run from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day. Fees for two levels of participation are $300 for full participation and $150 for junior participation. This fee is due on May 22.
The Jamesons, along with Marianne Cornetti (mezzo-soprano) and Eduardo Valdes (tenor), will be the four master teachers assisted by three accompanists/coaches—Dr. Tammy Lum, David Maiullo and Andrew Reith.
The three-day program will culminate in a concert on Wednesday, May 24 at 5:00 p.m. in Pardington. The public is welcome to this event. Suggested donation is $15 and payable at the door.
For more information, contact the School of Music Office by phone at 845.675.4687 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>