Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
Dr. Vilma “Nina” Balmaceda, director of the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE), is still accepting paper proposals from Nyack faculty and students to present at the Ninth Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium. The deadline for submitting proposals is Wednesday, May 31, 2017. Those interested in presenting their research at the Symposium on Wednesday, November 8 at Nyack's New York City campus, 2 Washington Street or on Thursday, November 9 at Nyack’s Rockland County campus, 1 South Blvd in Nyack, should email the following to email@example.com:
- 200-word abstract of the paper
- 125-word bio
- High resolution color headshot (jpg format)
- Campus preference for presentation (Rockland or New York City)
Professors are asked to encourage their students to present with them or independently. Students who would like to present independently should include in their proposal the name of a faculty member who will advise them for the presentation.
This year’s 2017 Symposium is being hosted through a partnership between Nyack College and the Faith and Education Coalition of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference (NHCLC).
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>