Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
The CBS reality television show, “Survivor” was bested last week at Nyack College Rockland. It was not an individual whose competitiveness, determination or manipulation produced a victor.
At Nyack’s 2017 Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing Pinning Ceremony, the “Surviving Six” as they dubbed themselves, graced the stage of Pardington Hall before an audience of family, friends, and the campus community for completing the rigorous Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program.
The six young women—Krystal Alexis, Alice Barber, Pascale Barthelemy, Esmeralda Ndoci, Maryann Thomas and Leslie Varughese—joined the ranks of Nyack graduates committed to the legacy of serving others.
Each received special recognition with the following awards presented during the May 5 ceremony.
Ronald and Marilyn Eastman Award for Outstanding Nursing Student: Pascale Barthelemy
Drs. Ardel and Teresa Vietti Award/Academic Excellence in Nursing: Alice Barber
Christian Leadership Award: Leslie Varughese
ANA-NY Future Nurse Leader: Maryann Thomas
Excellence in Clinical Nursing (Good Samaritan Hospital): Krystal Alexis
Excellence in Psychiatric Nursing (Rockland Psychiatric Center): Esmeralda Ndoci
Student Research Conference Award: Leslie Varughese
School of Nursing Class of 2017, you are more than survivors...you are more than conquerors!
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>