I Am The Way
Nyack College Rockland School of Music
Jerome Hines’ "I Am the Way"
Directed by Derek de Cambra
Conducted by Professor Emeritus Dr. Paul Liljestrand
Saturday, April 28 at 8:00 pm (Pre-performance lecture at 7:00 pm)
Pardington Hall, Rockland Campus
FREE to Nyack College/ATS students, faculty, and staff
(All others: $10 suggested donation)
Staged, costumed selections from Jerome Hines’ epic sacred opera on the life of Christ, featuring professional soloists, Nyack College music faculty, and the Nyack College Chorale. Mr. Hines (1921-2003) was a great opera singer, and this work has been produced at venues all over the world, including the Bolshoi in Russia and the Metropolitan Opera in New York City. “Jerry” was a mentor and teacher to Joel and Shelley Jameson, and it is their distinct privilege and honor to bring this music to Nyack College in his memory.
The performance features the Nyack College Chorale
Jesus: Joel Jameson (Chorale Director)
Martha: Shelley Jameson (voice professor)
John, the beloved: Chad Boudreaux
Peter/Eliakim: Tom Rich (alumnus)
Judas: Dan Ansaldo (alumnus)
Mary Magdalene: Ashley Maynard (student), Nadine Kulberg (alumna)
Thomas: Andrew Reith (alumnus)
Mother Mary: Charity Stephenson (student)
Mr. Derek de Cambra, stage director and a dear friend of Mr. Hines, will give an informative discussion about the composer, his life, and this opera at 7:00 pm, one hour before curtain. You will hear stories of Jerry's incredible life, his conversion experience, and how I Am the Way came to the people of Russia in 1993.
See the Scriptures come alive through glorious music, beautiful singing, and compelling acting!
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>