Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
Nyack New York City campus student body votes were cast and the 2017-2018 Student Government Association (SGA) officers have been elected. Pictured: (L-R, front row) Reshma Mohabir, Zoe Prawda and Kristie Vaval; (L-R, back row) Ralph Beck and Wayne Ferugson.
Wayne Ferguson (’19), president is a pastoral ministry major who grew up in Jamaica Queens and currently lives in Brooklyn. He a member of the chapel worship band and has also performed at Open House events. Wayne looks forward to being ordained and to becoming a pastor. His long term aspiration is to share the gospel with unreached people groups around the world.
Zoe Prawda (’18), vice president, also hails from Brooklyn. Zoe learned about Nyack on K-LOVE radio. Nyack measured up to what she was looking for in a college: a music composition concentration and a convenient commute. Wasting no time, she applied for admission during her junior year of high school and didn’t apply to any other college. In addition to her studies, Zoe is a tutor in the Nyack NYC Testing and Tutoring Department and is a member of the Living Waters Dance Ministry. Her career goals include writing musicals for Broadway and being an educator. Her academic goal is to earn a doctorate in music theory and composition. Look for Zoe in Nyack’s upcoming musical production.
Kristie Vaval, (’19), secretary is originally from Port-au-Prince, Haiti and now lives in Brooklyn. She was already a college sophomore in Haiti when her dad mentioned Nyack College to her. Kristie is primarily in the U.S. to do missionary work sponsored by her home church in Haiti, but she investigated Nyack’s School of Music. She is enrolled in the music performance degree program, the perfect environment for nurturing her desire to inspire people through music.
Reshma Mohabir (’18), treasurer, lives in Queens, but is originally from Better Hope, Guyana. Reshma learned about Nyack at a college fair. The music in worship major is a member of the Nyack NYC Chorale and the chapel worship team. Her career goal is to be a recording artist and worship leader.
Ralph Beck (’19), public relations officer, is from Bowling Green, Kentucky. The bible and theology major wants to become an ordained minister and church planter.
Congratulations on to all!
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Head Men's Basketball Coach Jason Crafton on WNYK
- WNYK 88.7FM January Alumni Spotlight: Orlando Suazo
- 2018 Empower Retreat Attendees From 51 Churches and Seven States
- Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Browse Blog Archive>>