Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
Nyack New York City campus student body votes were cast and the 2017-2018 Student Government Association (SGA) officers have been elected. Pictured: (L-R, front row) Reshma Mohabir, Zoe Prawda and Kristie Vaval; (L-R, back row) Ralph Beck and Wayne Ferugson.
Wayne Ferguson (’19), president is a pastoral ministry major who grew up in Jamaica Queens and currently lives in Brooklyn. He a member of the chapel worship band and has also performed at Open House events. Wayne looks forward to being ordained and to becoming a pastor. His long term aspiration is to share the gospel with unreached people groups around the world.
Zoe Prawda (’18), vice president, also hails from Brooklyn. Zoe learned about Nyack on K-LOVE radio. Nyack measured up to what she was looking for in a college: a music composition concentration and a convenient commute. Wasting no time, she applied for admission during her junior year of high school and didn’t apply to any other college. In addition to her studies, Zoe is a tutor in the Nyack NYC Testing and Tutoring Department and is a member of the Living Waters Dance Ministry. Her career goals include writing musicals for Broadway and being an educator. Her academic goal is to earn a doctorate in music theory and composition. Look for Zoe in Nyack’s upcoming musical production.
Kristie Vaval, (’19), secretary is originally from Port-au-Prince, Haiti and now lives in Brooklyn. She was already a college sophomore in Haiti when her dad mentioned Nyack College to her. Kristie is primarily in the U.S. to do missionary work sponsored by her home church in Haiti, but she investigated Nyack’s School of Music. She is enrolled in the music performance degree program, the perfect environment for nurturing her desire to inspire people through music.
Reshma Mohabir (’18), treasurer, lives in Queens, but is originally from Better Hope, Guyana. Reshma learned about Nyack at a college fair. The music in worship major is a member of the Nyack NYC Chorale and the chapel worship team. Her career goal is to be a recording artist and worship leader.
Ralph Beck (’19), public relations officer, is from Bowling Green, Kentucky. The bible and theology major wants to become an ordained minister and church planter.
Congratulations on to all!
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>