Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
Earth Day 2017 was observed today in Rockland County with Nyack College students, faculty and staff putting some elbow grease into a clean-up effort by partnering with Keep Rockland Beautiful, the non-profit organization whose motto is “working together for a cleaner, greener Rockland.
College Relations Manager of Special Events Nancy Gates organized a contingent of 24 people from the campus community who came out to clean Upper Depew Avenue in Nyack.
“As part of a larger effort coordinated by Keep Rockland Beautiful, we worked together to haul 61 bags of garbage, 30 bags of recyclables, seven tires, 13 hubcaps, three car batteries, a set of bed springs, a television, a hedge trimmer, an oil drum, a reciprocal saw, and one gallon of used car oil out of the woods,” reports Mrs. Gates.
Students who participated represented the Biology Department, Athletics (women’s volleyball), the Intercultural Studies Department and the Nyack College Honors program. Faculty and staff from Human Resources, (Karen Davie); Athletics Department, (Keith Davie); English Department/Honors Program, (Jonathan Gates); College Relations, (Nancy Gates) and the Intercultural Studies Department, (Steve Nehlsen) joined the students.
With appreciation for the great effort on a rather damp and overcast Saturday, Mrs. Gates enthusiastically responded, “Congratulations to all on a great job. Upper Depew looks fantastic!”
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>