Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
Earth Day 2017 was observed today in Rockland County with Nyack College students, faculty and staff putting some elbow grease into a clean-up effort by partnering with Keep Rockland Beautiful, the non-profit organization whose motto is “working together for a cleaner, greener Rockland.
College Relations Manager of Special Events Nancy Gates organized a contingent of 24 people from the campus community who came out to clean Upper Depew Avenue in Nyack.
“As part of a larger effort coordinated by Keep Rockland Beautiful, we worked together to haul 61 bags of garbage, 30 bags of recyclables, seven tires, 13 hubcaps, three car batteries, a set of bed springs, a television, a hedge trimmer, an oil drum, a reciprocal saw, and one gallon of used car oil out of the woods,” reports Mrs. Gates.
Students who participated represented the Biology Department, Athletics (women’s volleyball), the Intercultural Studies Department and the Nyack College Honors program. Faculty and staff from Human Resources, (Karen Davie); Athletics Department, (Keith Davie); English Department/Honors Program, (Jonathan Gates); College Relations, (Nancy Gates) and the Intercultural Studies Department, (Steve Nehlsen) joined the students.
With appreciation for the great effort on a rather damp and overcast Saturday, Mrs. Gates enthusiastically responded, “Congratulations to all on a great job. Upper Depew looks fantastic!”
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>