APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
The Nyack College Opera Workshop will present its last performance of Giuseppe Verdi’s “La Traviata” on Sunday, April 23 at 3:00 p.m. in Olsen Auditorium of Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard in Nyack on the Rockland County campus.
This highly demanding music concert performed with chamber orchestra accompaniment will be conducted by Maestro David Maiullo, president and musical director of the Bravo Alliance of Performing Artists.
Senior vocal performance major, Hannah Jang will sing the opening performance demonstrating exquisite talent and an amazing work ethic. Prof. Joel Jameson (Voice/Choral) comments that the role of Violetta is one of the longest and most demanding in the operatic repertoire.
Nyack College Artist-in-Residence, Prof. Shelley Jameson, will sing the closing performance. Mrs. Jameson has had tremendous success as a professional opera singer performing this role throughout the United States as well as internationally. Her work with some of the best coaches and other performers of this role bring a wealth of experience to her performance. It is with her special gifting that she provided guidance to Hannah through the demands of this tour de force role.
Admission is a suggested donation of $20 for adults; $15 for students, seniors and children.
Proceeds from this performance will go to the victims of the devastating tornado that struck Ottawa, IL, the hometown of Joel Jameson. One fatality and more than dozen injuries were the result of the ravaging storm. Prof. Jameson commented about Ottawa residents, “We want them to know that Christ is alive and well and that Christians are doing awesome things for others in the name of Jesus Christ.”
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>