APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
The Nyack College Opera Workshop will present its last performance of Giuseppe Verdi’s “La Traviata” on Sunday, April 23 at 3:00 p.m. in Olsen Auditorium of Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard in Nyack on the Rockland County campus.
This highly demanding music concert performed with chamber orchestra accompaniment will be conducted by Maestro David Maiullo, president and musical director of the Bravo Alliance of Performing Artists.
Senior vocal performance major, Hannah Jang will sing the opening performance demonstrating exquisite talent and an amazing work ethic. Prof. Joel Jameson (Voice/Choral) comments that the role of Violetta is one of the longest and most demanding in the operatic repertoire.
Nyack College Artist-in-Residence, Prof. Shelley Jameson, will sing the closing performance. Mrs. Jameson has had tremendous success as a professional opera singer performing this role throughout the United States as well as internationally. Her work with some of the best coaches and other performers of this role bring a wealth of experience to her performance. It is with her special gifting that she provided guidance to Hannah through the demands of this tour de force role.
Admission is a suggested donation of $20 for adults; $15 for students, seniors and children.
Proceeds from this performance will go to the victims of the devastating tornado that struck Ottawa, IL, the hometown of Joel Jameson. One fatality and more than dozen injuries were the result of the ravaging storm. Prof. Jameson commented about Ottawa residents, “We want them to know that Christ is alive and well and that Christians are doing awesome things for others in the name of Jesus Christ.”
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- Browse Blog Archive>>